McMurdo Smartfind S10 Personal AIS Beacon is an innovative manually activated personal safety device which incorporates both AIS (Automatic Identification System) and GPS technology. Smartfind S10 is waterproof, buoyant and compact, intended for carriage by divers, crew and anyone who works on or carries out leisure activities on the water.
McMurdo Smartfind S10 Personal AIS Beacon
Sales tax only applicable for delivery in Florida
This product usually ships in 3-5 business days
- Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon is activated to attract attention
- Waterproof, buoyant and fully submersible to 60 meters
- A unique alert is transmitted to all AIS enabled equipment within a 4 mile Radius(typical)
- AIS equipment* displays the alert icon
- Precise target survivor information including GPS position becomes viewable when the chart plotter/ECDIS* cursor is positioned over the alert icon.
- This information provides exact location, range and bearing to person(s) in need of assistance.
- Manually activated personal safety device to aid recovery of persons in difficulty
- Transmits GPS target trackinginformation over AIS
- Unique serialized ID
- Small and light for unobtrusive carriage
- Flashing LED light
- Minimum 24 hour continuous operation
- 5 year battery storage life
When activated the Smartfind S10 transmits a unique alert signal to the vessel the individual has come from and to all AIS enabled equipment within a typical 4 mile range, signalling that help is required in a man overboard or lost diver situation.
The Smartfind S10 transmits target survivor information, including structured alert messages, GPS position information and a unique serialised identity number. An in-built GPS receiver provides accurate position information which is frequently updated to assist in quick recovery of persons in difficulty.
S10 AIS Beacon target information can be viewed using standard ships AIS equipment such as Class A and Class B transponders and a wide selection of receive only AIS units.
AIS equipped vessels and land based VTS stations within a typical 4 mile range will also have visibility of the AIS-beacon signal.
Whether displayed on the AIS itself or on a companion plotter or ECDIS screen, the unique alert message will clearly indicate the Smartfind S10’s exact location, distance and bearing.
Smartfind S10 is waterproof to 60 meters, will transmit continuously for a minimum of 24 hours and has a 5 year battery storage life. It also features a flashing indicator light, giving a localised visual fix and assisting in attracting attention after nightfall.
Simple to activate
Smartfind S10 AIS Beacon is simple to operate, even in a gloved hand, and it is equally simple to switch off when the person in trouble has been successful retrieved from the water. Smartfind S10 also features a built in test facility, battery use is indicated in order to determine whether future carriage or battery replacement is advised.